Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gourmet Magazine. The South Beach Diet includes turkey sausage as one of it's allowable foods, but I couldn't find any in my area that were kosher. This is an easy way to make your own (and there's no preservatives or other bad stuff as a bonus!).
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey (not labeled "all breast meat")
- 1 medium bosc pear, peeled,cored,and coarsely grated (6 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for brushing skillet
- Stir together all ingredients except oil in a large bowl until combined well.
- Form 1/4 cups of sausage mixture into patties (3 inches in diameter; about 8 total) using moistened hands and arrange on a wax-paper-lined tray.
- Lightly brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook patties in batches of 4, turning over once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch.
I really enjoyed this homemade sausage! The burst of flavor from the herbs really makes the difference here. Quick and easy too.