From Gourmet Magazine. The South Beach Diet includes turkey sausage as one of it's allowable foods, but I couldn't find any in my area that were kosher. This is an easy way to make your own (and there's no preservatives or other bad stuff as a bonus!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground turkey (not labeled "all breast meat")
- 1 medium bosc pear, peeled,cored,and coarsely grated (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for brushing skillet
- 1Stir together all ingredients except oil in a large bowl until combined well.
- 2Form 1/4 cups of sausage mixture into patties (3 inches in diameter; about 8 total) using moistened hands and arrange on a wax-paper-lined tray.
- 3Lightly brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- 4Cook patties in batches of 4, turning over once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g