1/1 Photo of U. S. Navy Minced Beef Gravy on Toast
I am not too sure on the Navy part as I found this on another site and I have no Navy experience, but it is said that that this is served over toast at breakfast and it is also great on hot dogs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and brown with the onions.
- 2If beef is very lean, add a tablespoon or two of cooking oil.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring and cooking each spoonful, before adding the next.
- 5The flour must be cooked to preclude a starchy taste through out.
- 6Add enough flour to absorb most of the oil.
- 7Stir in the tomatoes and the tomato juice, followed by the water.
- 8Allow to simmer on low heat to thicken.
- 9Adjust consistency as necessary.
- 10Add nutmeg and sugar and adjust to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for U. S. Navy Minced Beef Gravy on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g