1/1 Photo of U. S. Navy Minced Beef Gravy on Toast
I am not too sure on the Navy part as I found this on another site and I have no Navy experience, but it is said that that this is served over toast at breakfast and it is also great on hot dogs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and brown with the onions.
- 2If beef is very lean, add a tablespoon or two of cooking oil.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring and cooking each spoonful, before adding the next.
- 5The flour must be cooked to preclude a starchy taste through out.
- 6Add enough flour to absorb most of the oil.
- 7Stir in the tomatoes and the tomato juice, followed by the water.
- 8Allow to simmer on low heat to thicken.
- 9Adjust consistency as necessary.
- 10Add nutmeg and sugar and adjust to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for U. S. Navy Minced Beef Gravy on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g