1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Best Buckwheat Pancakes
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a Russian recipe that has been in the family for many years and has been a good change from the regular pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 2In another bowl, mix together, all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- 3Pour the dry ingredients into the egg-mixture.
- 4Stir until the two mixtures are just incorporated.
- 5Heat a griddle or large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- 6In a small saucepan, add 2 teaspoons of canola oil and 1 teaspoon butter and let melt. Use as required to rub the griddle or frying pan before frying each batch of pancakes.
- 7Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto griddle or frying pan for each pancake to form 4 inch pancakes.
- 8Fry until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, about 3 minutes.
- 9Flip them over and cook for another 3 minutes or until done.
- 10Continue to fry pancakes with the remainng batter.
- 11Serve with melted butter and syrup or your favorite jams.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Best Buckwheat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 1546.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g