This is such a wonderful breakfast. It's sweet and comforting, yet packed with protein to give the kids a good start to the day. Super easy to make. You can even make the batter the night before and throw it in the oven the next morning. For a variation, omit the vanilla bean and add a chopped Granny Smith apple.
- Place butter in a baking dish and pop into a 200C/400F oven.
- Whisk eggs and add milk, sugar, flour and vanilla extract.
- Slice vanilla pod in half and use a knife to extract the seeds.
- Add seeds to batter and mix to disperse.
- Remove baking dish from oven and swirl to coat sides with butter. Pour batter into it and return to oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden. Serve immediately as it will deflate once out of the oven.