Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low fat and vegetarian version of a quiche.
Make and share this Veggie Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inches pie shells
- 8 -10 slices vegetarian pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cartonsmorning star farms egg substitute
- salt or garlic salt or pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Defrost egg substitute.
- Layer in bottom of shell veggie pepperoni, cheese, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms.
- Mix together egg substitute milk, and seasonings.
- Pour into shell.
- Sprinkle with more cheese and seasoning if desired.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.
I had to use egg beaters because I couldn't find morning star. DD didn't like it, she felt there was too much onion. Everyone else ate theirs. I think if I make it again I will chop the veggie pepperoni up instead of laying it around the bottom and maybe add some garlic salt. Made a nice Sunday brunch.
YUM! I'm a quiche lover anyway, and a vegetarian. The addition of the pepperoni makes a huge difference. I used red peppers instead of green for a bit sweeter taste at a recent dinner party. Noone knew it was vegetarian! Wonderful recipe emma!