Posted as a reply to a discussion. This is my step-son's most requested recipe! He asks me to make these for him every Saturday morning. He normally picks at his food, but he can almost eat all of these all by himself!
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits
- 20 Little Smokies sausages
- 1 slice American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Open can of biscuits and cut each biscuit in half.
- Flatten each half with a rolling pin.
- Pinch off a small amount of cheese and lay on top of biscuit half.
- Then, place a sauage on top of the cheese.
- Roll biscuit around sausage, sealing all ends.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
I fixed these in a small grocery store deli a few years ago. The early crowd went for the assorted breakfast biscuits, but the coffee drinkers that came in later and lingered longer, favored the "little piggies." They preferred honey mustard for a dip opposed to catsup or bbq sauce. This is another of Kim's wonderful recipes that qualify as "comfort food." Thanks, Kim.
These were quite easy and tasty. Dipped them in ketchup and bbq sauce. I did use 2 slices of cheese instead of one. Thanks!
I was wondering what to make for dinner when I remembered this recipe which I got from a thread about dishes that no one has tried yet. I had a large package of little smokies and 4 cans of biscuit dough. They like pigs in blankets but they really went crazy for these "miniature fancy ones". It was so easy and quick.Yes I did quadruple the recipe and make 80, I was hoping to have a lot left over to freeze for another meal or snack but alas, there is only enough left for them to have as an afternoon snack. I thank you and my 3 kids thank you. We had a lot of fun making these.