Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I have not had a chance to make this recipe yet. I got this from the Weight Watchers website and it only has 4 points per serving. "This Mexican spin on an omelet is brimming with fillings: egg, pepper, tomato, garlic, cheese and cilantro."
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (medium or hot variety)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, green pepper, tomato and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add egg whites and whole eggs; cook until eggs are scrambled, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface; spoon 1/4 of egg mixture onto center of tortilla and roll up tortilla. Fill remaining tortillas with remaining egg mixture, then place tortillas side-by-side in prepared baking dish; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown and tortilla ends are slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa spooned over top.
- Yields 1 enchilada, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of salsa per serving.
This were wonderful!These were so easy to make and not very time consuming! The taste was great! Hubby enjoyed these also! I will be making these again! Thank you for sharing a great ww recipe Stephanie! :)