I am an idiot. Last year I GLUED all my weight watchers recipes out of weight watchers magazines into an exercise book. Come this year when I am given not one but two recipe folders to hold snippets out of magazine I have to try and unglue them. The result is not successful. So I am putting them on recipezaar to print them out to organise them. I’m not sure what issue they are from but this is definitely from weight watchers magazine.
- Beat the egg in shallow bowl with milk and salt.
- Add 2 slices of Weight Watchers bread and turn to coat in eggy mixture.
- Heat a frying pan and coat with a low fat cooking spray and fry the bread for 2 minutes on the first side or until set and golden.
- Turn over and fry for another 1.5 - 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Place french toast on a warm plate and add pieces of 1 small banana between the two slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
loved it. i used sara lee 45 calories & fabulous wheat bread and 3 tbsp egg beaters egg whites, 2 tbsp nonfat milk. i mixed the cinnamon into the batter before I cooked it. The banana heated up fine with the warm french toast. So good!! Just what I needed. When I did the changes above, the total point value was 3 for the entire thing and served 1.
This was really very easy to put together and tasted good too. I did end up just heating the banana up a little bit because it felt weird with it being cold and the rest of the dish being warm. Other than that I kept to the recipe and it was a good change up from my normal breakfast. Made for PAC spring 2009.
Well maybe you glued them but the good news is by posting them the rest of us share your finds. I have not made WW French Toast in a long time and on seeing this variation decided it was time to revisit this breakfast. I loved the bananas with a light kiss of honey and enjoyed this with some strawberries for a great Sunday starter. I made mine with 2 tablespoons of egg beaters and 1/2 a large banana so the whole sandwich was only 4 points - both servings of the recipe as presented would have been 5 or 6 points. The honey makes a great switch from syrup as it is less sweet and with the banana far more filling and nutritious. Made for PAC - Spring 2009.