Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tastes like a breakfast souffle. The secret for making this fluffy is to separate the eggs. Add other veggies, if you desire. How much of the onion, pepper and chives is your choice. I use a cast iron skillet, so that it can go straight into the oven from range top.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and cottage cheese until well-blended.
- Add Salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, whisk or, using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until very fluffy, but not dry.
- On medium, heat a small (6") cast iron skillet and spray with butter spray.
- Saute pepper and onion until softened.
- Meanwhile, fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Immediately pour into skillet and cooks for about 2 minutes.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until puffy.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.
- Cut into wedges.
Wonderful light fluffy omelet!! I used orange sweet pepper and red onion cus that's what I had on hand. We couldn't believe how high it rose, wonderful, light and delicious!! The chives were a lovely finish. I will be making this again and often, thanks Caroline for real keeper!!
A lovely light and fluffy omelette that I enjoyed for my lunch yesterday! I ate this with a fresh lettuce and cucumber salad - the lettuce was freshly picked from my garden! I also used fresh chives from the garden and used an oregano flower for garnish. I cut this back to half, and used two eggs, as it was just for me. It was really puffed up and fluffy when I took it out of the oven, but sank a bit as I took so long to take my photos - oh well. Made for the Magic of Herbs in the Photo's Forum and as a little welcome back tag for Caro - glad you are back darlink! FT:-)