1/8 Photos of Whittle Your Waist-Line With a Fluffy Omelet
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Tastes like a breakfast souffle. The secret for making this fluffy is to separate the eggs. Add other veggies, if you desire. How much of the onion, pepper and chives is your choice. I use a cast iron skillet, so that it can go straight into the oven from range top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and cottage cheese until well-blended.
- 3Add Salt and pepper.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk or, using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until very fluffy, but not dry.
- 5On medium, heat a small (6") cast iron skillet and spray with butter spray.
- 6Saute pepper and onion until softened.
- 7Meanwhile, fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- 8Immediately pour into skillet and cooks for about 2 minutes.
- 9Place in preheated oven and bake until puffy.
- 10Sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.
- 11Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whittle Your Waist-Line With a Fluffy Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 427.5 mg
- Sodium 369.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 20.3 g