Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- In a medium size bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, oat bran, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg yolks and oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the egg whites.
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and set over moderate heat. When the skillet is hot, cook the pancakes 4 at a time, using 1/4 cup batter for each.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on one side or until bubbles appear on the surface; turn, then cook 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side and cook through.