My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, oat bran, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg yolks and oil.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 3Stir in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the egg whites.
- 4Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and set over moderate heat. When the skillet is hot, cook the pancakes 4 at a time, using 1/4 cup batter for each.
- 5Cook for about 2 minutes on one side or until bubbles appear on the surface; turn, then cook 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side and cook through.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g