Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are yummy.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the egg, milk and oil together.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter onto a greased hot griddle.
- Serve with fresh fruit slices, unsweetened applesauce or low-calorie syrup.
Wonderful. Light and tasty. I was making these to freeze for my sons breakfasts. Ate 3 myself already! Need to make some more. After making these, I have no idea why I am wasting my money on pancake mixes! So easy and very quick. Thanks!!!!
Great recipe! I used all whole wheat flour, made my buttermilk with vinegar and milk and added a dash of cinnamon. Consistency was perfect for me, not too thick at all. My two year old loved these, topped with strawberry jam. :)
These were good. Not the best pancakes I've ever had, but fast and somewhat healthy. I would have liked to have some flax meal in them, so I might sub some of the oil for flax next time. My daughters and husband liked them, but to be 5 star they would have had to have been healthier or eaten all up.