My family loves these waffles! --- serve with maple syrup, honey or just with butter, cooking time will depend on your waffle maker.
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml brown sugar (can use 3 tablespoons for a sweeter waffle)
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- Prepare an electric waffle maker.
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, sour cream, milk, 2 egg yolks, melted butter and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture; mix well until combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the waffle mixture until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle mixture.
Yum. Another awesome pumpkin waffle recipe to try is here - http://pumpkinwaffles.wordpress.com/ultimate-pumpkin-waffle-recipe/
These were tasty, but as other reviewers stated, a little soft. I think I would just add the egg all together instead of beating the egg whites. Other than that, we liked these. Flavor was good. Will make again when I have leftover pumpkin!
i loved them!!! instead butter i used EV coconut oil, and you need 1/3 of the amount less than regular butter, and I added chopped pecans.yum, yum, yum oh, yes i baked them for 4 and a half minutes on my easy to clean waffle maker. thanks for the recipe