I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. It makes a 4 point breakfast. Leave an extra "stack" in the refrigerator for a quick, microwave meal.
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 4 frozen hash brown patties, potato patty prepared without fat
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced (green part only)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 8 teaspoons spicy ketchup, hot and spicy variety (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place hash brown patties in skillet; cook over medium heat on first side until golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Flip patties; cook until golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, bacon, scallion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour into prepared skillet and then increase heat to medium.
- Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula.
- When eggs are set, but slightly glossy, remove from heat; cover to keep warm until hash browns are finished cooking.
- To assemble stacks, place 1 hash brown patty on each of 4 plates.
- Top each with 1/4 of egg mixture and serve with 2 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Yields 1 stack per serving.
- Finely diced turkey bacon makes a nice alternative to the Canadian bacon in this recipe.
- Just make sure to cook the bacon before adding it to the eggs (could affect points values).