1/1 Photo of Ww Friendly Low Carb Fried Eggs With Vinegar
Entered for safe-keeping. From Bettina Newman RD and David Joachim's "Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way". These may be cooked 1-2 days ahead, refrigerated in a covered container, and reheated at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or served at room temperature in a sandwich with sprouts and sliced cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
VINEGAR SAUCE AND GARNISH
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Add the eggs and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and marjoram or basil (work in batches if necessary).
- 3Cover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are almost set, 3-5 minutes. (For steam-basted eggs, add 1 teaspoon water to the pan and cover with a lid; this helps the whites to set evenly).
- 4Remove to plates.
- 5PREPARE VINEGAR SAUCE AND GARNISH:.
- 6Place the skillet over low heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook until the butter turns light brown, 1-2 minutes. Add the vinegar.
- 7Pour the vinegar mixture over the eggs.
- 8Sprinkle with the parsley (if using). Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Friendly Low Carb Fried Eggs With Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 387.2 mg
- Sodium 774.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g