Wonderful waffles! The batter improves each day and will keep up to a week (if it lasts that long!) refrigerated. I usually mix the batter at least two days before I plan to use it. I originally got this recipe from the aunt of a dear friend over 15 years ago. They're yummy topped with sliced strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream! Prep time does not include overnight chill time.
- Mix eggs, salt, sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Heat milk to lukewarm.
- Sift flour into bowl and add warm milk and yeast dissolved in water; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat waffle maker according to instructions and make waffles.
- One cup batter makes four waffles.