1/1 Photo of Yukon Sourdough Flapjacks (Pancakes)
Donna M.'s Note:
Old fashioned pancakes just like the prospectors used to make on the trail. Prep time does not include proofing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To proof your starter, feed it with equal amounts of flour and water (start with 1 cup of starter and at least 1 cup each of flour and water); cover and let sit overnight.
- 2Next morning, measure 2 cups of the proofed starter into a mixing bowl.
- 3Add egg, oil, sugar, and salt to the starter and mix briefly.
- 4Add enough flour to attain the desired consistency and mix until lump-free.
- 5Just before cooking the pancakes, dissolve baking soda in 1 Tbsp of warm water and gently blend into batter (See Note).
- 6Once baking soda is blended in, do not stir again.
- 7With a pitcher or ladle, pour 2 to 3-inch rounds on a hot (400 F) griddle.
- 8Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until bubbles form on surface.
- 9Turn and cook for an additional 2 minutes; serve hot.
- 10NOTE: If time permits, omit baking soda and stir 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup of milk into batter.
- 11Proof, covered, for 1 hour at 85 degrees F, and then without stirring pour batter onto hot griddle--this will make pancakes extraordinary.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Sourdough Flapjacks (Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: