Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
An Excellent simple dinner. The kids won't know they are eating vegetables. The bacon adds the perfect smoky complement to the dinner. Enjoy savory simplicity and use up those summer zucchinis!
- Unfold crescent rolls and place in pie plate, forming a crust.
- Spread mustard on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cook bacon. Set aside.
- Saute onion and zucchini in bacon grease.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix eggs, spices and cheese.
- Crumble bacon and add to egg mixture.
- When zucchini is soft, add to egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Really Good recipe. I have made it a few times now and the only problem is there are no leftovers.
This was great!! I tried to double this recipe and actually came out with three, two with crust, one without. I had two medium zucchini to get rid of so I put those in the food processor and then sauteed with some green onions and garlic. Since I'm lazy I used Italian Seasoning and pepper instead of each spice on its own as well as using bacon bits instead of frying the bacon. We topped with a little parm and devoured these. Thanks so much!!
What a great recipe!! I did substitute the base for shortcrust pastry as I had NO idea what crecent rolls were, and neither did our grocer LOL... but it was brilliant chilled and served with salad for a very hot summers night, the kids ate every crumb!!