Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am letting my long held secret out of the bag! My family and friends love these and always want the recipe but I have, until now, guarded it with my life. My kids love to eat these after playing sports or for breakfast. You can also make these an OAMC recipe for quick on the go meals! (See below for instructions on OAMC)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients (I don't think order of ingredients necessarily matters).
- Blend with handmixer or Kitchenaide very well, about 2 minutes.
- Grease and fill jumbo muffin tins at least 3/4 full, but I do it to the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fork comes out clean from center.
- To make this an OAMC recipe, you can either make the batter and freeze it, just thaw and fill tins and bake as normal. OR you can make the muffins and thaw them in the microwave.
Excellent! They puffed up really nice and are delicious. I was concerned as I was making it because the batter was very thick--it climbed up my beaters. I used half Splenda and half sugar as I did not have the Splenda Blend. A keeper! Thanks Pixieglenn.
This was very easy to make. The hardest thing was preparing the veggie. I thought it was a little bland and needed another flavor. I used the pecans but thought it still needed another flavor, Maybe blueberrys or chocolate chips would fill the bill. I made this to assure something to eat for hurricane Irene 8/26/11. I thank the chef for the recipe.
Excellent muffins. They are now a staple in our freezer. My kids beg for them for breakfast and snack. I use regular sugar instead of splenda.