Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A fluffy change for breakfast
Make and share this Zucchini Breakfast Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- Spray non stick skillet with nonstick spray, add onion, zucchini and ham. Cook on medium until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Spray 9 inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put onion mixture in bottom of dish, sprinkle cheese over top.
- Combine milk, sour cream, egg whites and baking mix in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Pour over onion mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes.
This is a wonderful light breakfast. Great flavors. I subbed turkey bacon for the ham, and grated the zuke instead of chopping. The variations on this are endless. Change the cheese or meat, or add other vegies. this will be easy to make in the motorhome, too, and I am always looking for easy eats for while we are camping! The instructions gave no oven temp. so I baked it at 325F. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.