Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you love zucchini and Parmesan cheese, then you will love these delicious pancakes. Serve with a side order of sour cream.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoning salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze out some of the moisture from zucchini)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, minced (or use about 3 green onions, finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and oil.
- In a skillet, melt butter and oil to medium-high; drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet.
- Press lightly to flatten.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
These were great. My kids won't eat the other zucchini pancakes I make, but they loved these. Now if I can just get my husband to eat them... Thanks for sharing!
I have prepared zucchini pancakes before but never like this. The Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise added a ncie flavor and moistness. the cayenne gave it a nice spicy flavor. Prpeared as written. Thanks KITTENCAL. Bullwinkle.
Yummy, and so easy to make! I followed Ms. Alice's suggestion and included some freshly processed breadcrumbs, I omitted the cayenne pepper, I used low-fat mayonnaise and I added 4 cloves of minced garlic, but otherwise I followed the recipe. I needed only about half the specified amount of butter and oil as I sautéed my pancakes in a non-stick pan. I served them with a generous dollop of creamy Greek yoghurt. Everyone just loved them so I'll be making these again! Thank you KITTENCAL for yet another fabulous recipe!