Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great recipe for a brunch! Serve with toast or sweet rolls. This recipe came from my sister in Minnesota.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large scallion, minced
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Grate squash in bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and let stand 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out liquid.
- In large mixing bowl, mix squash,scallion, eggs, cheese, seasoning and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Pour into greased 8 inch pie pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake@ 350 for 20-30 minutes until set in center and edges are slightly brown.
I made this for brunch using zucchini given to me by a friend. What a treat! I made it exactly as directed using fresh basil & oregano out of my herb garden. Very easy to make and oh so tasty. Thanks for another great recipe. :-)
wonderful! I could not stop eating this thank you for posting
My dad is known for growing GIGANTIC Zucchini in the summer, so mom and I are left with the task of finding uses for them! This recipe is a definate keeper. I made a few substitutions, but this came out great! I used 1/4 of a large white onion instead of the scallion, and cheddar & colby cheeses instead of the swiss. And dad proved, Real Men DO Eat Quiche!