1/1 Photo of Perfect Pancakes
These pancakes are like the pancakes you'd get at a restaurant for breakfast because they're nice and fluffy with a slight sugary flavor. The egg whites give it an airy texture, and it really only takes a couple minutes more effort for a delightful pancake. I found this recipe in Family Circle February 2009. They suggest dropping 6 blueberries onto each round just before you flip it or sprinkle a little ground flaxseed for a nutrient boost.
My Private Note
4" panc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a griddle or large pan to medium heat.
- 2Heat oven to wam (180) and place a foil-lined baking sheet inside.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and allspice.
- 4Separate eggs and whisk egg yolks in small bowl with milk and oil.
- 5With an electric mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- 7Fold in egg whites in two additions until no white streaks remain.
- 8Using a ladle, drop 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated griddle.
- 9Repeat, spacing atleast 1" apart.
- 10Cook 1 minute or until bubbles in batter pop and remain open.
- 11Carefully flip pancakes and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 12Transfer to baking sheet in warm oven and repeat with remaining batter (I skipped this step completely).
- 13Serve warm with butter and syrup or confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g